Saturday 9 June 2018

IMS for my neck

As I blogged last week, I had a session where I failed my squat and had the bar roll over my neck. With that in mind, I'm grateful that I rescheduled my massage and chiro appointment from a few weeks back (when I was sick) till today.

The massage therapist worked on my traps while the chiropractor utilized intramuscular stimulation on my neck. IMS is never the most enjoyable treatment, but it has worked wonders on my left knee and lower back in the past. It turned out that my traps were sore from the incident, since it was indeed tighter than normal.

After therapy, I headed down to Rockyridge for leg day. The gym seemed quieter than what I recall at Rockyridge. Due to the massage, I felt more sore than normal, meaning I had a "valid" excuse for going light today with my squat session. That was followed up with Romanian deadlifts, regular deadlifts, shrugs and hamstring curls.

Besides teaching piano in the late afternoon, I decided to go against my original plan of marking labs to watch The Foreigner. It was interesting to see Jacky Chan in a non-comedic role. There's some questionable scenes with the movie and major changes to the script from the original source material (if I read Wikipedia correctly about the novel that this movie was based on). The action was decent and I'm amazed that Jacky Chan is still able to perform stunts at his age.

I wonder if I am able to remain that fit at his age...


No comments:

Post a Comment