Saturday 30 June 2018

ReLIFE

In all honesty, the reason why I started watching ReLIFE back in 2016 was because all thirteen episodes were uploaded at once (like certain Netflix shows). I had no knowledge of the plot and the art style didn't intrigue me that much. I was fortunate to stumble upon a real gem; the story line was about a late-20's man that is unable to find a full time job due to certain circumstances. That led him to be picked by a company to be a test subject of an experimental drug to make him appear physically ten years younger.

ReLIFE is a story of getting a second chance in life, to enjoy the innocence of youth, and to preserve among hypocrisy in the adult world. Despite feeling quite content with life, I wouldn't mind going back to my high school years and redo certain events with what I know now.

Written with an older male audience in mind, it's a slice of life story with romance. As many of you may know from reading my blog, I am no fan of romance -- save for romantic comedies if done correctly (ie: no focus on love triangles). However, ReLIFE quite literally stole my heart.

I started reading the manga/webtoon for ReLIFE about a week ago and managed to finish it today. The amount of raw emotions I felt from reading the webtoon was surreal for me. I do not feel intense emotions from reading or watching often. I have to admit, I felt tears start to form near the end of the webtoon where the two main characters, unknowingly, will lose their memories of each other.

The ending was sappy, but me as of now, like sappy endings.

After finishing reading, and reading other people's perspectives on the series, I found out that a four episode season was released to finish the series! Anything to prolong this feeling of euphoria from reading such a great series.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment